PROMISING CENTRE FOR SENSORS AND ELECTRONIC DEVICES (PCSED)
Promising Centre for Sensors and Electronic Devices (PCSED)
The ‘Promising Centre for Sensors and Electronic Devices (PCSED)' was officially established in Najran University by Ministry of Education dated on 24 Safar 1432 AH, corresponding to February 27, 2011, with a budget of 10 million Saudi Riyal for an initial period of three years.
The PCSED is dedicated to basic research in materials science with an initial focus on the preparation of materials and their applications to various sensors and electronic devices. The PCSED presents itself as a unique and solely research centre which is focusing on the fabrication and characterization of new, innovative and functional nanomaterials for their efficient utilization in the areas of several sensors, electronic devices, energy and environmental remediation applications. The prime goal of PCSED is to establish world-class scientific explicit sensors, electronic and energy devices and to lead the innovative research on sensors, electronic and energy devices and environmental remediation applications for nano-engineering, medical, industrial and social needs.
The perspectives of PCSED include a large-scale platform for sensors, electronic and energy devices and environmental remediation specialists, materials scientists, technicians and engineers, in Saudi Arabia. The concern within the PCSED stands around the extensive research on variety of sensors, electronic and energy devices. In this context the R&D integrated by the centre is focused on different topics based on variety of sensors, electronic and energy device applications.
Since the establishment of PCSED, the university has adopted a research policy that supports scientific research through setting up a distinctive infrastructure with the facilities and equipment necessary for carrying out distinguished scientific research. Because the advanced materials and nanotechnology research area is globally vital and related to the Kingdom's research needs and trends, the university has favorably and financially helped to well-establish the PCSED. The PCSED supports cutting-edge experimental and theoretical researches on topics ranging from fabrication and characterizations of new materials to the design of new devices that can work in the areas of Sensors, electronic devices, environmental remediation and energy.
The PCSED consists of world class Saudi and foreign specialists, technicians and engineers who are working extensively in the areas of sensors, electronic, energy devices and environmental remediation applications to support the national knowledge based economy. In last six years, the PCSED has published more than 400 research/review articles, books and book chapters. The PCSED also has great and fruitful collaboration with world class scientists, research centres and Universities.
To be one of the innovative and pioneer research centers in the field of Nanotechnology and Nanodevices for developing advanced devices and technologies through state-of-art research, awareness and consultancy
To facilitate advanced nanotechnology research in various fields of science, engineering and technology leading to the development of advanced products for social and industrial benefits.
The PCSED, Najran University is committed to lead innovative research with a multidisciplinary approach for nano-engineering, medical and social needs, and provide local industries with high-performance and modern technological services with world-wide collaborative network.
1. To understand the nature and development of scientific research in the field of sensors and electronic devices and environmental remediation applications.
2. Attracting well qualified scientists featured in this promising area of research.
3. Training Saudi workforce in this area of research.
4. Establishing the center with latest specialized instruments for scientific research, especially in the area of sensors and electronic devices and environmental remediation applications.
5. Publishing the scientific achievements in the journals of international repute.
6. Organizing conferences and specialized workshops.
7. Cooperation with international research centers featured in this area of research.
8. Qualification for entering into partnerships with the private sector on this promising area of research by initiating research projects supported by the specialized companies.
9. Rehabilitation of the Centre to be a Centre of excellence in this area of research.